1. Post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in her post, and then create 12 new questions for the ones you tag.
4. Tag 12 people and link them in your post.
5. Let them know that they have been tagged
Twelve Fun Facts about Me:
1. I was married on a beautiful beach in the Outer Banks of North Carolina this summer.
2. I love to sing, though I'm a terrible singer. It's all about the joy in your heart though, right?
3. We want to have kids someday, but for now our three dogs are completely spoiled.
4. I started a personal blog first, but my teacher one is quickly becoming my favorite. Shhh... don't tell the others.
5. This is my seventh year teaching third grade. Third graders are my favorite!
6. Reading and writing workshops are my favorite time of the day, but science experiements are fun too. =)
7. It's my goal to read 50 books this year. Children's books don't count toward this title, but I read a ton of those too.
8. I was voted "Most Energetic in the Mornings" in college. I hate getting out of bed. ha!
9. Sewing is quickly becoming my favorite new hobby.
10. Baking is pretty fun too, but sewing is friendlier on the calorie count.
11. I bought 6 boxes of Girl Scout cookies from my girls this year!
12. With all of the ups and the downs, I can't imagine being anywhere else than our classroom.
My Questions from Michelle over at Teach123:
1. Do you prefer chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla? Chocolate all the way. Bonus points if it's in the form of ice cream.
2. Who is your favorite recording artist? I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I've been hooked on Bon Jovi for as long as I can remember.
3. What is your favorite cereal? I only eat Special K Cinnamon Pecan. My husband gets in trouble if he eats the best part, the bottom of the box!
4. What color is your vehicle? Glacier Blue, fancy eh?
5. Name 3 songs on your iPod. Top 3: Rhythm of Love, Daughter, Carolina in My Mind
6. Do you prefer winter or summer? Summer, I love the beach!
7. Do you prefer mountain hideaway or beach house? Beach house with a sunset view over the ocean, please.
8. Who is your favorite book character? I really like Biddy Malone. She should be more popular. Love the story and the illustrations!
9. What is your favorite t.v. show? Ellen!
10. What are you really afraid of? Blood. My students get their own band-aids.
11. What is your favorite restaurant? Bravo. My husband and I went there on our first date. The food is delicious too.
12. What is the best thing about teaching? My kids. It's easy to get caught up in the negatives and politics of teaching, but my kids make every day worth it.
My Questions for My Tags:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What's your favorite children's book?
3. What do you love most about summer break?
4. Chalkboard or whiteboard?
5. What do you remember most about your favorite teacher?
6. You get to have a secret super power. What will it be?
7. What was your last Halloween costume?
8. Any collections or favorite hobbies?
9. Who do you admire most?
10. If you could buy one splurge item (for home or school), what would it be?
11. Did you make a New Year's resolution?
12. Are you addicted to Pinterest yet?
Bloggers I've Tagged: These are long-shots, but being new to the Blogging World I decided to tag the bloggers I've been following (and looking up to!) for a while now. I think it's also a way to introduce you to fabulous blogs you might have missed.
1. Mrs. BlueBird.
10. Teacher 2 Teacher (it's a group blog with contributors, but a great one!)